Pages

Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Procrastination at its finest

I shouldn't really be doing this right now, I have an exam tomorrow. But I just got distracted for a bit and started reading my old posts; hence the title. But I feel it's a good time to post an update.

Living on my own has fit me so well. Of course, there's still issues to iron out, but the place that I'm working at now (I started working the midnight shift around May, of course only for the $$$ extra) now allows me to, instead of just covering debts, make room for the improvements to my place or myself that I've always looked forward to - one of these, for example is, believe it or not, dental work. They've been yucky all my life, that is something that I had overlooked so far! But it's now on the way, probably getting braces by the end of the year. Yes, I'll get braces being 21, better late than never, right? It's really not late at all, the challenge will just be covering all the costs myself (and it can be quite expensive).

My old posts, it's funny - you can tell the way they're written is vastly different from the way I type now. I've never considered myself a grammar master, but still, there's just something that tells you how I've been growing up. But all of these ideas, they're still with me - perhaps I would phrase or put them in a different way, but the essence is there and it's still something I share with my old self.

That tattoo that I had mentioned that I was going to get? I did. It's in my right arm, a small osu! hitcircle right below my wrist and that's it. It's fun, people often theorize what it's about and ask me why I decided to tattoo it. They often think it's a kind of marble, pool ball or because I'm #1 (ha, although I did get to be the #1 in Mexico around 2008, a long time ago now). I also think it might be a bit ironic how osu! means so much to me, but I'm not active in the community and barely map anymore. Don't get me wrong, it still means a lot and I still have that wish to map as many songs as I possibly can (I did start a new WiP the other day, although that shouldn't be surprising news) - it's just that, time, time, time. But osu! still is and will always be one of the most important things for me.

I am too lazy to post a photo of it, but if you like you can look me up on facebook.com/genshaze as sharing my real identity online isn't weird for me at all now. Although... there's a chance I haven't posted it there either, or perhaps the restrictions wouldn't allow you to browse my old-ass and embarrassing photos. I'm not sure! I barely use it, don't be offended if you add me as a friend but aren't able to recognize you, or take a bazillion years to add you back, but you can send me a message at any time.

So I'll still be kicking around. Maybe I'll get to post something more elaborate later on, on my Beatmap Design blog? Man, the last post was on 2014, two years ago now.
Something that I did realize these days is that perhaps my passion for beatmapping had gone out of sight, but that's not the plan in any way - I'm trying to get back on track. The challenge is still incorporating my hobby within my free time, I think mostly having the discipline needed to achieve these goals, but in no way it has become impossible - if anything, it just becomes more achievable as time passes. Or at least, I like to believe that. This realization has come along with many other things as well, for example other aspirations in life, it just confirms that you never stop learning. And maybe I'll also share my other aspirations in life in another post.

Oh, and small mention to Music Hood's death and sacrifice for all of us. RIP in peace. :( The Facebook page has also been taken down because everyone hates me. But you can still find the archive of the remnants here.
If you didn't know what that was, it was just a blog that I had where I shared download links for music albums. The main purpose, though, was just to have a backup of the rare album finds I've been able to get on the internet. It is now also in the back of my mind to somehow revive it and keep sharing music, but that's definitely going to take a couple of months or maybe even years.

Anyhow. Let's keep giving our best all of us!

1 comment:

  1. Shame about Music Hood, lots of great hard to find music there. I just tried one of links (from the archive you linked) and it still worked so please keep that up.

    Thanks for your hard work!

    ReplyDelete