Pages

Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Giddy

Suffice it to say that it has been way too much time since my last post. As always - you know how it goes. It has recently been my birthday and I just started spring break, so I have two full weeks to relax and do whatever I want, relatively.

Although I have become much more keen about the personal life details I reveal about myself, there is something I would like to share. Starting this year, I have finally managed to get my own space and will start living a completely independent lifestyle starting April - well, I have been living away from my parents for one year now but now I won't owe anything to anyone, as I will be paying the whole thing myself, and time will be completely mine. Joy! That is one of the many aspirations that I wanted to achieve so it's something I can check off that list now. Still many other things to work on.

Time has gone by real fast and it's hard to keep up at times - more so when you're just halfway through your engineering studies I'd say, although I'm only carrying a small amount of subjects and material that I should by semester (just about half, actually), so it's nowhere near as heavy as it should be. I still go crazy at times, more so thinking that I haven't even touched osu! at all - sometimes I arrive home and I'm so tired that I just drop on the bed and fall asleep. Still, I don't regret anything.

Even then, lately I feel like I haven't taken full advantage of my time, as I still doze off and distract myself with other things - you know, I'm not a robot, so no guilt. What I've been doing most lately is listen to music - I mean sure, it's always been something I loved, but lately it's been like I suspend my activities entirely and just listen. I've been paying so much attention to it... and I enjoy so much all the song variety I can listen to and enjoy, I often just skip from song to song and keep doing that for hours. Honestly, I can't think of how a regular day at work would be if I didn't have my earphones with me - and even then I only find myself I circle around the same songs, most regularly. Doesn't mean that I don't expand my tastes, perhaps maybe not as much as other people do - used to think that having 800 songs on the cellphone was plenty couple years back, now I can't get enough by having 1743 and counting.

osu! has always been on the back of my mind, but lately I feel like I've lost touch. It doesn't mean that I actually have, I'm sure it's just a matter of polishing up my technique and getting my hands dirty again - as I keep listening to many more different songs I just keep imagining how the beatmaps would turn out, so I repeat, that will ALWAYS be there, no doubt. In fact, I'm planning to get myself a small, simple osu! tattoo, just to show how it has marked my life forever and will always be a part of me.

As for the other things such as TV shows, lately I've found that I can't stand sitting still for hours watching something - I don't mean to discredit visual arts and cinema, there is of course amazing material out there, and I've found it's just me - but there are so many other productive things I could do with that time. Perhaps it's the way my brain is shaping up after being used to focus on other things all the time - the only activity like that I allow to myself is listening to music, which I've already described above. For all other things like watching movies I just prefer to work on my blog, study, exercise, meditate, clean up or whatever other activity you can think of. It's interesting, as I had never thought that it'd turn out like this, but I hope it stays this way. Perhaps I'll write a post about my perspective on this in the future.


Anyway, time to doze off again and focus on other things. May this spring break be full of productive activities!

2 comments:

  1. It'd be awesome if you uploaded some of your maps even if you don't accept mods for them so I could share it with other players more easily (and play them in multi, hehe) but anyway, good luck with your career!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome to hear that you share them with others :) thanks! Maybe I'll consider uploading them on the website themselves, even if they only land in Graveyard later. I only remember I avoided it at first since maps without activity were automatically deleted, but no idea if that has changed in any way.

      Delete