Pages

Monday, August 6, 2012

It's been a while since my last update.

Lots of things have happened. I recently figured that I should post something, just so people know a bit of what's been going on. It's nothing super-exciting or anything, after all.

Well... ever since my last post, I'd say I've had some boring vacations, although I'm not complaining; next semester's starting now, and I'll have work to do again. I'm hoping it isn't as heavy as my second semester was, but still, it's not something I can ignore. Actually, classes started today, but of course, I must follow the tradition of always-being-late-in-the-inscription. It can't be helped, I think... I already used some of my scolarship on school, and of course I won't be able to afford the rest - it's really up to my parents. It's unlikely that I skip this semester or anything, anyway, I just hope I can get within this week.

That should be it for recent news... during my holiday, I didn't do much. I recieved a new cellphone after asking my father, since my old one didn't have a vibrate setting, which was pretty troublesome for me. Since I'm a social creep, I've only been using this new cellphone to play sudoku. Jesus, I think I'm getting better at it. As a little something I did because of my newfond sudoku addiction, I made sudoku playable on Excel 2010. It's like something someone would do as homework, but I'm doing it out of my free will. I love my life!

The week before starting classes was absolutely crazy. A truck tripped over some electricity post, making the whole thing go boom. Stuff like that happens, I know, but this time, after the electricity guys fixed it, we didn't recieve enough voltage. I think it was only our house, but I don't know. We had to stay like that for a whole day. The next morning, we issued a report and it was fixed... some time later. I had to suffer life as it is, without methods of entertainment... or, well, at least I had my cellphone to play sudoku.
Not only that, we were busy getting the necessary papers for the inscription and what-not, and a blackout like that halted our work greatly.

Last thing, I guess... sometime mid-July, my bro hired CableVision to replace our old Axtel ISP; this time, unlike every other time in the past, it's an internet-only plan. As a result, we can get a much, much better connection with less money. Right now I'm using a 4mbit connection! Four times what I used to have.
Of course though, all this comes with a price... I can't use it just as freely yet to download, but at least I'm able to navigate, upload and stream very smoothly now. Like it should be.

As for recent projects... those who've been following Music Hood (yes, none) may have noticed the complete site revival, which was a pretty heavy job for me. I managed to re-upload every single album that died during June-July! Ever since then, I've returned to the normal schedule, which is one upload a day. I hope I can mantain it at least during this month.
Since I finished all that work on Music Hood, I've wanted to focus on osu! yet again; you know, mapping, modding and what-not. Everyone thought I was back (since I did get online for some time starting this month) until the blackout thing occurred; I've been busy on other things ever since... but, besides that, I've been working on some offline maps; I hope I can release them by the end of the month!
I realize I can't focus on more than one thing at the time, but I hope this semester's schedule allows for at least one thing.

Man, it's impressive how I always manage to write so much about nothing. I really need to write here more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment